Friday 17 June 2011

Pins & Needles...

I made my very first Pin Cushion today! I'm quite pleased with it actually although the stitching could have been better, it is my first one after all!I cut out all my felt pieces the other day but was just waiting on my coloured thread to arrive. I was trying to think of what to fill it with, many people said cotton, but i had a look at a few websites and other crafters said they used a mixture of sawdust and rice. The sawdust helps keep the needles/pins sharp, while the rice stops it from rusting. I gave it a go, and it's got a nice weight to it, and works really well. I will try using cotton filling next time and compare them both.

What do you think..?
First try at a Blanket Stitch, not too bad eh?


I also made some candles today, it's been a while! I made my first candle when i was 12 years old, i was so proud of it i never wanted to use it. But i did eventually use it 5 years later when we had a blackout... And after today i will certainly be making lots more :)

1 comment:

  1. Well done on the blanket stitch, looks great!

    B xxx

    ReplyDelete